Posted in General Studies, Jewish Studies

Wednesday News!

This Friday will be our dance party for completing our Bingo Homework Board. The class did an amazing job on completing at least two rows for Bingo. Thank-you for supporting your child’s learning. On Friday, I will be sending a new Bingo board home for the month of December, as well as hard copies of the worksheets you will need.

Today, in the note tote you will find a Scholastic Book Fair Flyer. These are some of the books you can purchase. Our class will be going on Dec.8th, 8:45.  On this day  you can send money in an envelope (or a cheque saying how much to spend) and we will be taking the whole class. There are other items such as posters, pencils,erasers, etc. If you have any specific instructions on what you prefer your child to buy, send me an email or a note.

I have been sending small books home from Raz Kids. As they come back I add more. This allows for less screen time for those who prefer. I will start to add 2 books for each week to ensure there is enough practice for you. Just return the one you read at home.

Learning our vowel sounds are fun! Here we are playing a game called “SCOOT”, where 16 cards, missing the vowels are hidden around the class and in the halls and we have to find the cards and write the missing vowel on our paper.

In math we are using our whiteboards to represent the number 4 different ways.

We started our new Math Unit on Data Management. Here are our first two graphs showing what kind of shoes we wear, and our favourite colour Bingo Chips.

For this unit we will be learning how to conduct our own survey, how to make bar graphs, pictographs, and how to tally our answers. We will be sending home a special Chanukah Survey for the class to do at home on our Bingo Homework Board.

Today with our Reading Buddies we used our class Flipgrid to record how we adapt to the winter.  Here is our code again for you to watch and enjoy.  flipgrid.com/2e5c09c7

Happy Wednesday!